The Oceana County EMS provides Emergency Medical training and continuing education classes for employees and the public. Courses have limited enrollment and will accept eligible applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click on the course name for more information.
CPR Training Classes
- CPR Certification/Refresher (click for dates)
- Emergency Medical Responder (MFR)
- Call for availability of courses
- Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- Call for availability of courses.
- The course will meet on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6pm – 10pm and 3 Saturdays from 8am -5 pm.
- All participants will receive an iPad mini that is integrated into the course.
- Emergency Medical Technician – Specialist (Call for availability)
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (No longer offered)
- 2015 Continuing Education course listing
Training LocationAll CPR classes and Initial Education Training courses will be held at the Oceana County Health Department Building at 3986 N Oceana Dr (next to the EMS facility) unless otherwise indicated. Please use the west entrance to the Health Department Building.
Applicant Eligibility*Applicants must meet eligibility requirements in order to be accepted into programs noted above.
- Applicant must have the ability to read and write.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older prior to the completion of the course.
- Participant will possess a current professional rescuer CPR card. (Arrangements can be made to obtain CPR card if participant is not currently certified)